Think outside the square by creating an art display using round Canvas Panels.
To download a PDF version of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Round Canvas Panels
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic paint (various colours)
- Liquitex Mediums
How to do it
- Take a selection of round Canvas panels in various sizes and lay them onto a flat surface. Arrange them like how you would display them on the wall.
- Next choose a selection of complementary colours from the Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint range such as blues, turquoises and greens.
- Using a 19mm flat head brush, paint approximately 25mm (width) of acrylic paint around the outside edge of one of the round canvas panels. Then, take a different acrylic paint colour and paint another circle (25mm in width) next to the first colour, blend the edges of the two circles to soften. Gently brush a few strokes of the second colour over the first colour.
- Paint a further 2-3 colours on the round canvas panel depending on its size, then finish with a rough circle in the middle.
- To create different effects on your artwork, you can mix Liquitex Glaze mediums into Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic paints to increase the transparency of the paint or create a metallic pearly lustre using Liquitex Iridescent Tint Mediums. For more texture and a 3 Dimensional effect consider using Liquitex Modelling Paste Gel or one of the Liquitex Texture Mediums.
- Add some final highlights to your canvas panel using gold or lime green before leaving it to dry.
- Repeat the process on all remaining blank round Canvas Panels changing the colour configuration to contrast with the previous canvas.
- Once dry you can hang them up on the wall in the order you want to display. Enjoy!