Make an exploding artwork… no paint brushes needed! In this project Get Arty artist, Jacqui, shows us how to create your very own Water Balloon Art!
Click here for a PDF of this project.
What you will need
- Water balloons
- String, cut in all different lengths
- Masking tape
- Jasart Canvas
- Reeves fluorescent paints (approx. 6)
- Water bottle with pop top
- Drop sheet / cloth
- Jasart Easel
- Pin / Needle
How to do it
- Let’s get mixing; start filling a bottle with 2 parts paint to 1 part water. Repeat with the other colours.
- Place balloon over your pop top lid, this can be a little tricky. Squeeze the paint into the balloon. The water bottle should act as a pressure hose! Fill it half way. Fill at least 5 or 6 balloons of every colour. But be aware this step can get messy so make sure you lay down a drop cloth.
- Get your string, cut in all different lengths and tie it to the end of the balloons.
- Attach the string to the back of the canvas and secure with tape. Making sure you mix up the balloons lengths and colours for a more exciting and random colourful arty finish.
- Repeat the process rolling over the stack of clay to gently press together. The layered clay stack should be about 3mm in width
- Here is the fun part popping the balloons… Start to pop the balloons one at a time and watch your artwork take shape!
Tip: Remember to be careful as the needle is very sharp.