Introducing the world’s first Cadmium Free acrylic paint! With the same performance as cadmium paint, available in the Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic 59ml Paint range. They have been rigorously scientifically and artist tested to ensure the same quality as existing cadmium paints.
Leave the risk taking to your art, not your choice in materials. The new Liquitex cadmium-free paints deliver the same performance, lightfastness and vibrancy as existing cadmium paints - they’re just safer for you. For the the health and safety conscious artists they are the obvious choice.
To ensure the cadmium free versions were technically comparable with the cadmium options they were tested in the laboratory and a selection of artists for:
- Colour mass tone for brightness and overall match
- Undertone for subtleties in thin layers
- Colour reduction 10:1 with Titanium White to compare colour strength and shade when mixed
- Viscosity for handling properties
- Specific gravity to test weight
- Opacity – checked over black and white test card to assess coverage.
These colours contain the AP symbol which means it identifies art materials as safe and certified by a medical expert to contain no materials in sufficient quantities to be toxic or harmful to humans.
For Frequently Asked Questions on the Cadmium Free colours, please click here.