Duration: 30 mins
Create your own stylish, terrazzo style earrings using STAEDTLER FIMO Neon Effects Clay.
Click here for a PDF version of this project.
What you will need
- A variety of STAEDTLER FIMO Neon Modelling Clay
- STAEDTLER FIMO Soft Modelling Clay (White & Black)
- FIMO Acrylic Roller
- Small round cutter
- Earring backings
- Jump rings
- Super Glue
- Baking Paper
How to do it
- Roll out half a block of FIMO soft black into a sheet using the acrylic roller. Cut one portion of each of the FIMO effect neon colours and the FIMO soft white and cut them into lots of little scraps/confetti. Scatter them onto the black sheet.
- Place a piece of baking paper over the FIMO sheet and confetti and roll over it with the acrylic roller, applying gentle pressure to bind the colourful confetti to the black FIMO.
- Using the earrings template, cut out the shape in the sheet.
- Pick a colour and roll out one portion of FIMO effect into a sheet using the acrylic roller. Then cut out two circles using a small round cutter. Pierce a hole at the bottom edge of the circle and another at the top edge of the earring using a needle or a toothpic. Lay all the FIMO pieces on baking paper and harden in the oven for 30 minutes at 110° C / 230° F on upper and lower heat.
- Allow to cool completely then fasten the yellow circle to the terrazzo pendant using a jump ring. Then fix an earring to the back of the finished circle using superglue.
- Your earrings are complete!