Pebeo Gedeo Moulding Alginate is a natural seaweed-based powder suitable for moulding complete items, soft or delicate objects, and the human body.
moulds created with Pebeo Gedeo Moulding Alginate can be used up to 3 times for reproductions in plaster, reconstituted stone, or wax.
It is suitable for beginners or professionals, with an extended working time of 5 minutes.
It is non-toxic and suitable for contact with the skin.
Here's how to use it:
1. Put the object you are casting into a container by adhering it to the bottom with a blue tac. Make sure your object does not touch the sides of the container.
2. Pour Pebeo Gedeo Moulding Alginate into a sealed container and shake well.
3. Add 2 parts water to 1 part alginate powder (e.g., 1L of water for 500g of alginate powder) and mix actively for 1 minute. (Don't worry about lumps - they won't make any difference to the end result.)
4. Pour the alginate mixture into the container with the object for casting.
5. Wait for 10 minutes for the alginate to set. It should look and feel like jelly.
6. Remove the mould from the container by sliding a butter knife between the mould and the container to let some air in.
7. Cut the alginate mould in half lengthwise to remove the casting object from the mould (take care not to damage the object).
8. Put the mould back into the container.
9. Prepare your plaster, pour it into the alginate mould, and wait for the plaster to dry.
10. Separate the two halves of the alginate mould to review your cast object.
11. Use sandpaper to tidy up any excess lines or overpour on your cast object.
12. Decorate your cast object with paint!