Have you ever wanted to turn yourself or a friend into a Monster? In this project Get Arty Artist, Rhyah, shows us how to create your very own Monster makeover!
For a PDF of this project, click here.
What you will need
- Cling wrap
- Liquid latex
- Body crèmes
- Snazaroo Face Paint
- Hair dryer
- EDUcraft Wood sticks
- 2 x small Jasart sponges or paint brushes
Tip: If you can’t get your hands on a sponge, use some paintbrushes instead!
How to do it
- With the sponge, roughly put down a base colour of your choice in the middle of your/a friends arm.
- Next, put a small layer of liquid latex using an ice cream stick of the same spot on your arm.
- Grab the cling wrap and place it on your arm moving it around to get a bumpy, wrinkly effect.
- With another ice cream stick add another small layer of liquid latex on top of the cling wrap – this will keep it in place.
- To speed up the drying process, use a hair dryer on low speed.
- Once the latex is dry, get your second sponge and colour your monsters arm with the colour of your choice.
- Use your hairdryer to on low speed to dry the final layer of your monster skin.